Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Can Almost See Heaven

Ecclesiastes tells us there's a time for all things:
A time to cry - a time to sing -
Time for birth - time for death - a smile or a tear -
A time to see Heaven from here.

Life on earth is fleeting, ephemeral, steam -
But somewhere we'll live. We're not a mere dream.
In an immortal body we'll be - but where?
Can YOU almost see Heaven from here?

This supple skin, my house on earth
God put me in before my birth.
Mortal flesh change to immortal - the Bible is clear.
I long to see Heaven from here!

Some pass away, though years are few.
Believe Christ now. Obey Him, too.
You never know the day or year,
So try to see Heaven from here.

My father crossed over several years ago.
Mother left in her sleep when her footsteps got slow.
In my family, I'm next ... I'm oldest in years.
I can almost see Heaven from here.

I'm slowing down. My body will fade,
But I won't die. Forever I'm made.
My "finals" will come. To His laws I adhere,
Because I'm beginning to see Heaven from here.

Growing old, meanwhile, I have no choice.
Jesus is calling. I hear His voice.
I'm a Christian. My title is clear.
I can almost see Heaven from here.

Don't wait too late. Obey His Word.
Don't be ashamed at what you've heard.
Stay strong in Him, though some may sneer,
And smile to see Heaven from here!

The good go to Heaven. The bad go to Hell.
The actions we choose will decide where we'll dwell.
Believe and obey so you've nothing to fear.
Do you almost see Hell - or Heaven - from here?

When will I cross over? There won't be a sign.
I've already obeyed when I knew I had time.
I still study God's Word. My hope brings me cheer!
Thank you, Jesus. I see Heaven from here!

- by Netagene, May 8, 2012. One man asked if he could read it at the funeral of another (both reader and deceased were legally blind). Another, one of the elders at a church in Houston, asked my permission to use it from the pulpit, as well as to print copies and put in the foyer of the church house. Of course I said yes. I have never met any of these 3, in person. Thanks to God for giving me this talent.

No comments:

Followers