Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, March 4, 2016

I Can't Hear! I Can't Hear!

I can't hear! I can't hear!
I can tell there's a sound but it's not clear.
It might be words or a hum or a sigh.
Maybe it's sweet. Maybe it's a cry.

It's more distorted if it gets loud.
Think of the noise of an excited crowd.
My ears can't grasp a certain range.
A tone higher or lower -- can you make that change?

Sometimes I may ask you to repeat.
Put yourself in my "ears". Please be sweet.
Don't say, "doesn't matter" or "never mind".
That's very rude. That's really unkind.

I don't want pity and I hate to rant.
Maybe now YOU can hear -- but what if one day, you can't?

By Netagene, in a few minutes, March 2, 2016. I emailed this to several who had articles published in the current magazine issue of the Hearing Loss Association of America. One professor at Gallaudet University wrote back, asking my permission to print and use it there. I also emailed it to the SayWhatClub's listserv, and posted it on the HLAA Facebook wall, the SWC Facebook wall, and my own Facebook wall. I got a LOT of "likes", plus requests to use it in various meetings.

No comments:

Followers