Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Jesus ... if I still could drive

Jesus, draw me --- ever nearer ...
If I only --- still could drive.
I get tired --- and discouraged,
Always calling --- for a ride.

Hope some Christian --- understands this,
Through my ever --- silent plea.
With my Bible --- and my song book,
At my home is --- where I'll be.

When I'm home bound, I'm not angry.
Trials come while --- here below.
I'll still praise the --- GREAT CREATOR.
Jesus loves me. This I know.

I'm encouraged --- when with others.
Blood-of-Christ kin --- is the best.
I am ready --- for forever.
Heaven's waiting. I will rest.

Jesus, draw me --- ever nearer ...
Whether deaf or --- whether blind.
I'll hear singing. I'll see Jesus.
Angels, take me --- on my last ride.

By Netagene, October 4, 2017. The lady who's been taking me to worship lately (since my main chauffeur friend is in rehab) was sick. I didn't want to pressure anyone to either get me, or find someone who could.

No comments:

Followers