Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Flatsicle Arrived!

Yep, it got here about 3 weeks before I was expecting it! UPS arrived at 5:30 p.m. yesterday. The harp weighs a little less than 5 pounds, but the box total was 13 pounds - full of the last 5 of the music books from the site, and the harp. Because I've played piano for 60 years (groan ... THAT many???), rather than getting the harpsicle (plays in only C major and A minor) or the sharpsicle (plays in 3 majors/3 minors), I got the next one up. The flatsicle plays in 4 majors and the relative minors. The lowest note (longest string - they are nylon) is a low C. The C strings are red; the F strings are black. I debated about getting a red or blue harp, but decided on the natural maple. Later if I want to, I may paint a bit of design on it, or buy some decals or do a bit of woodburning on it. That will wait. Because it was getting late last night before I got it all unpacked and in the house, I didn't tune it then. I had to check the tuning on my autoharp (you can see a picture of me playing that, which I posted January of last year) because some of us are going to play at the VA on Monday for the vets in palliative care - I've been asked to take my autoharp, so I did that, and 1st time tuned my harp about noon today. For now, I've got to learn to play more than one note at a time on the harp!

No comments:

Followers