Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, February 21, 2011

IMPS and ANGELS

I'm down in the Grumpies and I know the cause.
Satan is hovering and he knows my flaws.
He knows my weaknesses. He digs where I hurt.
His imps subtly whisper, and make me feel worse.
Despair whines, "You're hopeless." Insanity screams, "You're mad!"
Futility moans, "Give up. Of course you are bad!"
Black demons are beckoning: "Turn loose. You can't win.
We've got you. You're hell-bound to us, so give in."
But God's host is hovering. They keep me afloat.
They help stop the cries that are stuck in my throat.
When bad things happen, and I get distressed,
Thankfulness reminds me: "You are so very blessed!"
Hope assures me, "There's better things! Don't give up your life!"
Peace tells me, "Be still." Joy sings, "Look high!"
Patience whispers, "Hold on." Cheer tells me I'm sweet.
Stamina shouts, "You'll make it! You'll land on your feet!"
If the whole world falls 'round me, I'm sure in my mind -
God's love will surround me, and I'll be just fine!

- by Netagene, September 12, 2002 - A girl at work had been having some rough days, and said that I seemed like someone who would have cheerful things. She asked if she could borrow some such things. I didn't have anything at work, but told her I'd see what I could do. I wrote 7 verses in about 15 minutes at work, and 2 more in my mind on the way home. Some of the images are what I saw in my mind's eye when reading a novel by Frank Peretti. -

No comments:

Followers