Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Volunteering

Yesterday I went with 6 others to the old auditorium to help with a Hands on Birmingham - http://handsonbirmingham.org - event. You can read about it here: http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/04/hundreds_of_homeless_in_birmin.html

Our team was 4 employees and 3 non-employees of the new Baritones Karaoke Lounge and Grill - http://www.baritonesgrill.com/ - a couple of blocks from my house. The owner is Jason, the cute guy in the middle. He had put a sign on the door that Baritones wouldn't open until 5 yesterday afternoon. The blond is Betty, the waitress with her husband Mike behind her. Tony and Jack are the 2 tall guys who are the cooks. Dena, next to me, is Jack's sister.

It was interesting. I had 2 clients for which were I was unable to get much help. Dena had one nice one but was unable to get much help. Betty had one who she said was the client from hell. I'm not sure about what all the guys did.

We all rode in Mike and Betty's SUV and were at the auditorium about 11 - 3:45, then Jason was kind enough to let Dena and me eat without paying (though Tony still had to cook it).

The group picture was made just before we headed home. It's hard to take a self-picture. I put the shirt on backwards after I got home, to show it. The lower line says VOLUNTEER TEAM.

No comments:

Followers