Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mother's Passing

Mother, age 94, passed from this life into the next during her sleep sometime in the early morning hours of Thursday, August 11. On July 20, she was stil doing some cooking, washing dishes, going up and down the stairs doing the laundry, working search word puzzles - and reading the Bible. She was bedfast from the time she fell on July 22, in the hospital for 5 days, then at home. She didn't have a heart attack or a stroke. Her body had simply worn out. Read Proverbs 90:10. While it is hard of course, it makes so much difference to know that she was a faithful Christian.

She had all the arrangements paid for, and had chosen the clothes to be buried in (light blue nylon nightgown and matching negligee), and wanted only a pink carnation corsage. She had chosen the songs and the friend (Dallas Dobbins) to lead the a capella congregational singing, and the friend (preacher Robert Tuten) to do the main part of the funeral.

The songs were "Beautiful Isle of Somewhere", "Above the Bright Blue", and "No Tears in Heaven". While only about 50 or so made it to the funeral, it seemed that everyone was in wonderful singing voice! or maybe we also heard the angels joining in.

Preacher friend Lloyd Barker read the obituary, made a few remarks, and read 2 poems. My sister especially liked one I wrote about 2 weeks before Mother passed away. I had given him several that I had written about Mother. He also read another I had written which co-incidentally I had printed in the church bulletin the morning Daddy passed away (not knowing that it would be the day of his passing of course).

And preacher friend Terry Partain did the graveside service.

I will post more, including the poems separately, later today or in a few days.

No comments:

Followers