Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

THE KING's NEW CHAUFFEUR

A long time ago in a far-off country, the king needed a new wagon driver. He interviewed a lot of men who wanted to be his new chauffeur. He narrowed it down to three men.

He had a new, sturdy wagon. The little kingdom he ruled, though, was high in the mountains. You know what that means: narrow roads, many curves, high walls on one side, and a steep drop-off on the other side.

The first man to try out for the job was proud that he could drive so fast and get the king wherever he wanted to go in a hurry, and in plenty of time.

The next man drove slower and kept close to the wall.

The final man didn't drive fast, but drove the wagon as close to the cliff as he could because he like to see the beautiful scenery and thought the king would also enjoy seeing all the beauty that was in the valley below.

-----------

Which man do you think the king chose, and why?

(This is an old, old story, which I wrote down from memory and posted on my FaceBook wall on January 28, 2013.)

No comments:

Followers