Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weather Blessings?

The sun is shining. The grass is brown.
The yard has become a small lake.
Blame it on the weird weather.
Sometimes it's a bit hard to take.

One day it will be 70,
cloudless and just a light breeze.
The next day will be rain and tornadoes.
The next day: 28, and we freeze!

But it gives me pause while I'm inside,
to thank God for what blessings are mine -
that I'm sheltered from things that are outside,
knowing all things happen in God's time.

- by Netagene. I wrote that in about 5 minutes, about 12:30 p.m. today. And that is just how the weather has been: 70 a few days ago, rain and thunder so that part of my backyard is a small, shallow "lake", storms yesterday (tornadoes missed us but hit a small town NW of Atlanta), in the 20s last night, and today is cold and windy but real sunny.

No comments:

Followers