Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Food Poem



CARBS and CAFFEINE

I like beef and potatoes,
chicken and pasta, too.
I've learned what foods that I can eat
to stay awake, or to sleep the night through.

Caffeine is a stimulant.
It really gets me wired.
I wish there was an ''off'' switch.
Can't stop though my body is tired.

I fade in a carbohydrate coma,
thanks to some good ol' mac' and cheese.
Just a bowlful, and I'd fall over
From a weather or a real light breeze.

Most of the time I am careful
of what and when I eat through the day,
but some foods are so very tempting 
That it's hard to turn them away.

So no carbs for me in the morning ...
No caffeine for me after lunch.
I've learned what foods I can eat when
I want to doze or when I need a punch.

And here where I am living -
in the good ol' U.S. of A.,
I have more than my share of good things.
I am so very blessed today.

- by Netagene Kirkpatrick, March 10 & 11, 2013.

No comments:

Followers