Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fancy profile picture, aboard a ship!

The new profile picture was made on July 12, the day of the "formal" pictures, on board the "Golden Princess" while at sea in Alaska. One of our group of about 120 people made the picture there in the ship's atrium. I am wearing an over-top that I crocheted. I was 69 years old in May. The trip was arranged through the PR and Alumni office of Florida College near Tampa, Florida, which I attended beginning in August, 1962, though nowhere near everyone with our group was an alumni nor associated with the college. We all met at a hotel in Seattle, then were bused on Sunday morning, July 7, to the church of Christ in Burien, Washington, then to the ship. When the ship got back to Seattle early July 14, buses were also arranged to take some to the airport for early flights, and others of us to morning worship. We also had daily devotions and information meetings on the ship. It was definitely the trip of a lifetime, and one that I enjoyed more than a trip to Hawaii in 2006.

No comments:

Followers