Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

THIS YEAR ... FOREVER



I was a person when first conceived,
though some don't think that – some don't believe.

Once we're all started on our race,
we go different directions, each our own pace.

Each one different size, each a different shade,
but our blood is the same, because we are God-made.

I may be happy, I may be sad,
Most times I'm good, but sometimes I'm bad.

I obey God or not during my life here below.
God gives me a mind to choose how I go,

But one thing is certain, indelibly sure:
God wants me to live right, no matter how long I endure.

I'll live forever, on earth: short or long, 
but my place is in Heaven. That's where I belong.

In choosing my life, it's Heaven or Hell.
How I live here is how I'll ever dwell.

I'm too old to die young, but I don't know the day.  
You don't know either – better walk in "The Way".

Choosing to live righteously is a real endeavor.
Breathing our last here is when we are severed –
But it happens to all – can't say it's never.
It's this year, or next year, or sometime – forever.

- by Netagene, August 28, 2013 -

I read the line: "This year, next year, sometime, never", in a novel. An Englishman was counting the cherry pits on his plate. As he touched each with his spoon, he said those words – that it’s sort of like "loves me, loves me not".

I tried to work in that line ... thinking of when each person passes from this life, that it may be this year, or next year, but it WILL be sometime, and it will be forever (NOT that it will NEVER happen). I read the line about midnight, and wrote this in 20 or so minutes.

No comments:

Followers