Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

A PIZZA and a PORCH SWING

Have you ever had a friend you haven't seen in awhile, but you write (email) and call each other on the phone a lot, but are either a distance away, or circumstances prevent you from visiting? Such is the background of this poem. I mentioned taking some leftover pizza to my screened-in front porch, and sitting on the swing. This has a few lines that we both used.

A pizza and a porch swing -
A man, a plan, and a plane -
To be with a friend in the evening -
How lovely, enticingly sane!

A pizza, a plan, a friend -
Wonderfully ending the day -
Lord, give him the wings of an eagle -
Bring him, though far away. 

A steak for one is lonely -
Better a pizza with a friend -
Dear God, please bring us together.
In Your time, if Your will. Amen.

- by Netagene, late September 30, 2014 -

No comments:

Followers