Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, July 26, 2021

ALONE

 

ALONE

There's an advantage to being alone,

Especially this time of the year.

Some people act crazy and bent out of joint,

But I have nobody near.

Love's more important than fancy-wrapped gifts,

Don't frown and fuss and pout!

Some try to "one up" and over-spend,

As if money is what it's about.

Enjoy the presence of your friends and kin,

Or a simple, solitary day

There's nothing wrong with being solo,

Be contented in your own special way.

(Or enjoy a quiet day, at home [alone].)

... memories ... swift gone ...

by Netagene, December 25, 2020.

Out of the crush of whirling crowds

... Or locking arms

No comments:

Followers