Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Be PROUD of Yourself!

A lot of people, both young and old,
Sometimes have problems that need some help -
Glasses to see and aids to hear,
A sloping ramp instead of steps.

But that's not the person. That's only a trait,
Like tall or short or heavy or thin -
Just a description to distinguish us.
It has nothing to do with what's within.

Your body style oft' determines your clothes.
You can show your best ... you can emphasize,
So why not brighten your hearing aids,
Or wear fancy glasses frames for your eyes?

Be proud of yourself! We are each unique!
Don't try to hide! Don't be ashamed!
Wear bright colors, like flowers in spring!
Be proud of yourself, and jump into Life's game!

- by Netagene. I scribbled a few lines on January 11, 2012, and didn't write any more until I finished it a little while ago! For those of you who are unaware, here's a bit of explanation. A lot of people wear fancy, show-off eye glasses, but sometimes those same people - as well as a LOT of others, seem to be ashamed of having to wear hearing aids! I've been wearing glasses since I was about 15, became high partial legally blind when I was 59, and learned I had a significant hearing loss when I was 61, at which time I got hearing aids.

2 comments:

SAM said...

This is so true. What a great way to raise more awareness and positive self-worth.

~Stephanie (from SAYWHAT? on FB)

Anonymous said...

that is so true i love that ppl shouldn't be ashamed of wearin a hearin aid ppl aren't ashamed of wearin glasses so y a hearin aid glasses help ya to see and a hearin aid helps ya to hear.

Followers