Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, February 3, 2014

THE OUTSIDER



Everywhere there's always a person
who is almost always alone.
It's especially sad when it's at church,
though usually not TOO bad when at home.

Could be a man, but more likely, a lady.
She may even have been there for years,
but because of cliques, she's an outsider,
and that causes her heartbreaking tears.

Maybe she's shy, or a widow,
or maybe single all of her life,
but to be excluded is hurtful,
and you know that God condemns strife.

Invite her to a party or luncheon,
but don't leave her alone on the wall.
What if Jesus came there by Himself?
Would He feel welcome at all?

Don't YOU want to be treated kindly,
rather than ignored, and almost cruel?
Remember to follow the Bible,
and what we call the "Golden Rule".

You may find you have things in common
when you reach to her with compassionate love.
God bless you as you work to serve others.
Remember ALL blessings come from above.

One day, you may be where she is -
feeling unloved, in the cold.
So PLEASE, if you're in the "in" crowd,
include this lonely soul.

- by Netagene, February 3, 2014, written especially for and at the request of a good friend, a widowed Christian who feels like an outsider where she worships. I, too, am an outsider. Like her, I have no blood kin nearby, but a lady 20 years my senior started inviting me to lunch with some other single ladies, after Sunday morning worship. Sometimes it’s only 2 or 3 of us, sometimes a few more. The only nearby places are “fast food”, but we’re together more for the friendship. I have also been “adopted” by a lady almost 20 years my junior who lives near me, who has a ladies’ Bible class and pot luck lunch on Tuesday mornings. I am so blessed! -

No comments:

Followers