Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ONE CANDLE



Light one candle. Let it shine.
You never know what you may find.
To help some lost one, mired in sin.
Just one candle will let Christ in!

-------------------------------

In the darkness, I trip and fall.
I see no one but hear a call.
A voice rings out, soft but clear:
"Right this way! There's nothing to fear!"

Feeling along a rough-hewn way,
Not sure of the end, whether night or day.
If only one candle to see what's there –
I don't want to fall into some animal's lair.

Is anyone there with one little light?
I feel so lost in this hellish blight!
That soft clear call is now a roar.
Please! Someone save me from Satan's door!

Ah! One candle shining in!
The Hand of God has sent a friend.
Just one candle's enough to see.
Thank you, God, for saving me! 

I’m saved when I obey Your Word. 
Thank you, God, that I’ve now heard. 
I’m blessed one person cared for me – 
And with one candle, set me free.

I’ll pass to others what God’s word tells 
To save one soul from Satan’s Hell. 
I’m only one candle, but now I see – 
Because only one candle led you to me.

I’ll “pay it forward” and be one light 
To lead another out of night. 
I pray my candle will show someone 
The way to Jesus ’ere their life is done. 

- by Netagene. I wrote most of this in less that 30 minutes on January 22, 2014. In Steve Murrell's sermon on Sunday, January 19, he said something about "one candle". I thought he was referring to a song, and of course I wanted a copy. He told me later that it wasn't a song, but something in a TV commercial. Well, it's a song now! -

No comments:

Followers