Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ALL the SAME



The blind, the lame were shunned by God,
Forbidden to enter the Temple.
Imperfect ones, to God they were,
Blemished and sometimes simple.

The deaf, the palsied, and even the sick – 
The woman who'd just had a baby – 
Some could enter once they had been cleansed
With sacrifices or washing daily.

Chorus:
I have washed (yes, we washed)!
I am clean (pure and clean)!
I'm imperfect but now I am holy!
I'm a living sacrifice, given to God
Through the blood of Christ my King!

Whether handicaps or birth defects – 
All to God are the same.
Praise the Lord! Obey His Word.
In Jesus' precious Name.
(Amen)


I wrote this June 9 - 10, 2014. As a person who needs both "seeing aids" and hearing aids, during Old Testament times, I would not be accepted by God. Thank God for His Son's sacrifice and that God is now no respecter of persons!

No comments:

Followers