Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, September 3, 2016

ENEMIES, ACTORS, and THE ALMIGHTY



"Hypocrite" is a Greek word, an actor in a play --
Disguising, hiding who he is, changing character whenever he may.

The masked one isn't on hiatus. The imposter doesn't sleep.
He hides in the shadowy wings to surprise and pounce and keep.

An actor you don't suspect, laughing at his wiles ...
Like a comic movie villian ... suckering you in with his smiles.

You and I have enemies -- some disguised as friends.
You say you don't? Is that a lie? What will be your end?

Be suspicious if you don't know a person, if they come on too close and too sure.
Be pleasant but don't be gullible, til you're positive they're motives are pure.

Anyone can be your enemy. Sometimes the choice is hard.
It might even be a kinsman. Be always on your guard.

Satan's a chameleon. He morphs so he'll fit in.
He hooks you on some story, doing all to make you sin.

He acts as if he's friendly. But Satan's the father of lies.
You think you've got a new buddy, but it's Lucifer in disguise.

A wolf in a sheep's clothing, an enemy watching you on the sly.
Stay close to your Good Shepherd. He's the one who'll answer your cry.

Like a shepherd with a lambkin, He cradles you in His arms,
Away from two-faced enemies, saving you from harm.

God, the Good Shepherd, leads you safely, an escape from the serpent's snares,
So always follow Jesus. He's the only one who cares.

The enemy is probably smiling, an actor with subliminal voice.
Don't follow the sweet subtle sirens. Make Jesus your heavenly choice.


-- by Netagene Kirkpatrick, August 21 - September 2, 2016. I have no idea where I got the idea! --

No comments:

Followers