Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

SO WHAT?

So what that I used to have dimples? So what that I used to be cute?
So what that I'm now a bit "fuller"? At least my mind's now more astute.
So what that I used to be slender? So what I was smart in my class?
I can't always live on those laurels. Those days are forever past.
So what that I was a singer? So what I was a radio D.J.?
That time is now gone forever - just a memory that's drifting away.
So what that I sometimes feel lousy? Does it help me to grumble and whine?
Do I think others like my complaining, so for me, they never have time?
So what? I'll keep making more memories! I'll live my life as it comes.
I'm contented and mentally better. My life's not a prune, but a plum!
So what that my steps now are slower? So what that I wear hearing aids?
So what that my vison is cloudy? I'm alive, even while this life fades.
So what's good is, I'm older, but wiser! So what I have wrinkles from grins?
So what? I can laugh when I stumble, and I cherish those who are my friends!
So what? It's "mind over matter". So what that my "matter" is frail?
My "mind" is what lasts forever. My "matter" is only a shell.
So what I'll do now is keep living - slow going, but still making plans.
So what'll I do? - study my Bible, while living the best that I can.
So what that I'm getting older? So what? It happens to us all.
So what! I'll enjoy my time that's left here. I'll be active 'til I hear God's call!

- by Netagene, February 9-11, 2010 -

No comments:

Followers