Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER

... who is 93 years old today. She lives 2 miles from me, in the house she designed and for which she drew the plans which the contractor used, and we all moved into August, 1959. Her father stayed with us some that summer in our old house, and he and I rode the city bus - I was 15, and came to the new house and did the inside painting and such. Mother packed lunches for us. Mother's from Oneonta, Alabama (pronounced ON-e-yan-tah, NOT "ahn-e ..."), and her grandfather built one of the covered bridges there, which still stands and was used until a year or so ago when some vandals tried to pull it down. It was used daily until that happened. Mother had 1 sister and 2 brothers. She's the only 1 left. She and Daddy married August 4, 1940. He passed to a better life on June 2, 2002, shortly before his 88th birthday, and 2 months before their 62nd wedding aniversary. I really miss Daddy and I know Mother misses him even more, but I'm glad that Mother is still here.

No comments:

Followers