Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

REIN ME IN

Sometimes I'd like to yell and scream
And stomp around and blow off steam
When things don't go my way.
But it won't help if I do that.
I'd just be acting like a brat,
And regret it later that day.

But when I know that I am right,
Would it help to put up a fight
To hope others open their eyes?
Salvation - or family - whatever's wrong -
Do I butt in? Do I even belong?
They'd rather just surmise.

Someone will come to me and moan
And ask what I'd do in my home,
If the same thing happened to me.
I'd say to them: "Don't call my bluff!"
I'd go the route of "love gets tough",
But then they don't agree.

Sometimes it's hard to not get mad
When friends and kinfolk act so bad,
And just keep getting worse!
You see them calm and acting meek
While selfishly, they hurt the weak,
And rob to fill their purse.

I know that vengeance is the Lord's. (1)
The Bible is His two-edged sword, (2)
But things still make me cry.
The meanness, hurting those who're old -
How can some people be so bold!
Please, God, I hope not I!

Where Spirit fruits are always shown, (3)
Where fleshly works have up and gone, (4)
The devil lurks outside. (5)
To think on lovely, good, and pure,
Where faith and patience do endure, (6)
Then God therein abides.(7)

God, guard me so I don't fall in
With others, leading me to sin, (8)
And watch my mind and heart. (9)
Please help me, God, to always pray. (10)
I know Yours is the only way, (11)
And from You, ne'er depart.

If other chose to act real mean
And taunt me, making me a fiend - (12)
Together, make a din ...
So that my temper makes me leap
And fire flies from my head and feet,
Please, God, rein me in!

(1) Romans 12:19; (2) Hebrews 4:12; (3) Galatians 5:22-25; (4) Galatians 5:19-21; (5) Luke 4:13, I Peter 5:8; (6) Philippians 4:8, I Peter 2:20, II Peter 1:3-9; (7) Romans 8:6-9, I Corinthians 3:16-17, 8:19-20; (8) Exodus 23:2, Matthew 6:13; (9) Job 14:16, Psalm 139, Matthew 12:35, Romans 8:5-6, Philippians 4:7; (10) I Thessalonians 5:17; (11) John 14:6, Ephesians 4:3-6; (12) Psalm 141:4,9.

I don't really like the word "surmise", at the end of verse 2, but that's what initially came to me, and when I looked it up, it fits what I was talking about - family and friends guessing, etc., about the status quo, then just letting it ride - "business as usual". It is about families, and it is about people who refuse to actually study the Bible for themselves. I wasn't real sure what to call it, so I just used the last 3 words.

- by Netagene, May 2-4, 2010 -

No comments:

Followers