Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 14


posted at 7:12 a.m. Tuesday, October 2.
Most of today and tomorrow, and Thursday I'll be gone.
God's blessed me with so many friends ... Why should I stay home?
Won't have my usual morning, There's no Bible class today.
I'm sister sitting with Ms. Rena again, but that's always real OK!
Then tonight a supper meeting of the American Council of the Blind.
It's always at the Paw Paw Patch - with friends I'll get to dine!

Posted at 7:50 a.m. Wednesday, October 3.
Sister sitting was what I did
Long but good, yesterday.
Bibles class, lunch, and worship tonight ...
Some work, but some seems more like play!

Speaking of sitting with Ms. Rena yesterday, I wrote the following to a friend, accidentally in rhyme:

She'd rather be UP and MOVING
than merely SITTING and doing.

(At least the supper meeting for the local chapter of the American Council of the Blind was canceled, even though I'd decided not to go, then of course didn't have time to do so. Don't ever think that when you retire, that you won't be busy! You'll find things!)

Posted at 7:36 a.m. Thursday, October 4.
Early lunch this morning with a friend, then about 1 I'll be on the Greyhound.
Get where I'm going about 8 p.m. Can't post, but I'll be around.
I'll probably text a friend, so she can tell you I made it fine.
I'll post if I can do so. Just know I'm having a good time!

Posted at 8:20 a.m. Friday, October 5.
I'm in Glasgow, Kentucky with good friends. I made it fine.
Greyhound ride was an adventure. I'll tell you at a later time.
(I used their laptop at 8:15. Catherine had just gotten up. Robert Franklin had been up awhile and cooked breakfast of bacon, eggs, biscuits).

Posted at 8:40 a.m. Saturday, October 6.
My second Kentucky sunrise ... Cows in the field and chickens in the yard ...
With God's help, my friends paint the scene ... Looks like a pretty picture postcard!
(To which Catherine Bagby commented in rhyme: Our second day of having a guest – an Alabama friend; We eat and talk and laugh, then start all over again.)

Posted at 8:20 a.m. Sunday, October 7.
Sunday morning - the weather is cool.
Will go to worship with friends and follow God's rules.
(I went with Catherine and Robert Franklin to Coral Hill in Glasgow for the morning service, then Doug and Deana Blount and their 3 children got me and I went with them to the Eastside church in Bowling Green for the evening service. I’d never met the Blounts, but had met Sam Stinson, who worships at Eastside, on Brethren-on-line about 2 ½ years ago. He arranged the ride as he and his wife were returning from vacation. They got back to the Eastside building just as the service was ending, but at least I got to meet them for a few minutes!)

Posted at 7:45 p.m. Monday, October 8.
I had a WONDERFUL time the last few days, staying with friends in Kentucky.
I say that I am so very blessed; others might say that I'm lucky.
Got back to Birmingham about 3:40. About 15 'til 6, I walked in my door.
Thought I'd return with less than I took, but I'm pretty sure I bought back more!

Posted at 9:12 a.m. Tuesday, October 9,
Good to be home, though it’s a chilly morning.
The day is clear, and I’m sure later will be warming.
(At 9 a.m., 52 on my porch and 62 in the house.)

Posted at 8:46 a.m. Wednesday, October 10,
Can't seem to get going, though I've never been fast.
I have almost no energy, How long will I last?
It might help to quit eating, so that I'd lose weight,
but carbs taste so good! Is "fat" simply my fate?
(It doesn't help when I attend morning Bible classes twice a week - and we eat afterwards!)

Posted at 9:15 a.m. Thursday, October 11.
Going to get a flu shot, probably today.
I get one every year, to keep the “bugs” at bay.

Posted at 8:52 a.m. Friday, October 12.
Mailed a "get well" card and got "shot" yesterday,
then to the grocery store. It was a beautiful day!
Ms. Eunice is a gift from God, and a real sweet "go-fer"!
Thanks to God for her being my friend and "chauffeur".
(We each got our flu shot at the CVS pharmacy.)

No comments:

Followers