Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, October 19, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 15



Posted at 9:50 a.m. Saturday, October 13.
Having repairs done on my house.
Most recently a new roof before it leaked.
Yesterday I got a new back storm door.
The old one was rotting. With rips, it was weak.
A few years ago, I had to get vinyl siding.
This wooden house had spots black with rot.
At the time, I also had a front porch added.
Better do things now, with what money I've got.

(Poems for October 14, 17, and 19 was the 3 verses of a poem called “Super Heroes”, for which I posted separately.)

Posted at 9:50 a.m. Monday, October 15.
On my carport thinking ... Wish I had a purple car.
So what I no longer drive. That's what a chauffeur's for!
If I could afford a purple car, I'm sure I'd have enough money
To also hire a driver ... someone who's safe, smart, and sunny!
(I wrote that the day before, while sitting in a chair on my carport, waiting for my ride to worship. No idea where the thought came from! I thought of ending it with either "... someone who's free, faithful, fair, and funny" or maybe "... someone who's happy, healthy, and a honey"!)

Posted at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday, October 17.
Crazy weather this time of year. Days again almost hot!
No need to turn on heat or the fans. Fuss about the weather? Why not!
At least I save money on yard work. Not much rain anymore.
The weather right now is so pleasant, I don't want to come back indoors!

Posted at 8:40 a.m. Thursday, October 18.
Where do my poems go, when I post them on Facebook?
Here it is 24 hours later .. only 2 found a poem when they looked!
(The poem I posted on Tuesday, actually the 2nd verse of a poem of 3 verses, finally showed up on Facebook 20+ hours later, after other later things! I'm posting that poem: "Super Heroes", separately, rather than in this line-up of Facebook poems.)

Posted at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, October 20.

Last night I was in bed at 1:30 ... the night before, not 'til about 3.
Sometime it's lonely living alone, but it's nice to keep odd hours, and feel free.

Posted at 8:22 a.m. Sunday, October 21.
Unless our hands are empty of things that cause us pain,
God won't fill us with anything new, or make us whole again.
So if your hands hold bitterness, sadness. or other bad things,
empty your hands at Jesus' cross, and be filled with the love God brings.
(I wrote that in a few minutes the evening of October 20, after reading ''God doesn't give us something new unless our hands are empty', spoken by the character Elle Dalton, in the novel “Just Beyond the Clouds”, by Karen Kingsbury, © 2007.)

Posted at 9:32 a.m. Monday, October 22. 
A good day at worship, was yesterday. Then 4 of us ladies ate lunch at Subway.
Marilyn suggested we go visit Camilla who's in assisted living, in her chair with a pillow!

No comments:

Followers