Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, October 26, 2012

FACEBOOK Poems - part 16



Posted at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 23.
Worship this morning then lunch with the ladies.
Joining us will be a few men.
The Bible class group at Joy's house,
With some preachers, and some new friends!
I first thought of taking some beans.
Instead, I'll take something to drink.
Others like to cook, and I don't.
And THIS way, no dirty dishes in the kitchen sink!
(The gospel meeting - revival some call it - is this week at the Edwards Lake church of Christ not far from me, and is where Joy Ellis goes. They are having both morning and evening services. Visiting preacher is Curtis Pope, who preaches in Bowling Green, KY. His brother Kyle used to preach at the Sun Valley church, also in this area. Rather than having the Tuesday morning ladies' class at Joy's house, I went to worship with her, then Steve Dewhirst (the regular preacher), Curtis Pope, and the ladies all ate lunch at Joy's house. That evening I went to the Paw Paw Patch, to the monthly supper meeting of the American Council of the Blind. Do I hear an "oink"?)

Posted at 8:47 a.m. Wednesday, October 24.
Three blankets I recently crocheted: Two blue and one in pink.
Got an order now for 3 "Bama" beanies, Two done, one more in a "wink".
(By "Bama" beanies, the order was for 3 beanies in crimson and white, the colors of the University of Alabama. I'll be glad to make such beanies in any colors and yarn you want. I use a good, long-lasting 100% acrylic for the ones that I sell for $5 each. Wool or part wool, etc., would cost more.)

Posted at 10:45 a.m. Thursday, October 25.
How can one little body part – one little right thumb
Hurt so much I almost cry! I think I’d rather it be numb.

Posted at 9:05 a.m. Friday, October 26.
Don't have a dollar. Just have a dime. I'll do what I can, a little at a time.
Don't need to wait 'til I have a lot. I try to help others with the little I've got.

Posted at 1:40 p.m.. also on Friday, October 26.
Today so far's been better than OK! First went to worship with Chris and Joy.
and Drake, age 4, their little grand-boy.After a sermon on a psalm, we lunched at Chick-Fil-A!
(“Grandson” didn’t rhyme. Curtis Pope talked today about Psalm 73.)

Posted at 9:50 a.m. on Saturday, October 27.
High school reunion banquet tonight. Hard to believe it's been 50 years!
I wasn't a part of the "in" crowd then. Didn't fit in with my peers.
Always in chorus, never in band. Never cared much for football games.
Paid for the banquet, and got a ride. They'll be surprised at my moments of "fame".
Surprised that I had a motorcycle, Was a radio D.J. at one time.
Often "march to my own silent drummer". Still a Christian, so I'm doing fine.

Posted at 8:35 a.m. Sunday, October 28.
Prayers today for a family – Sweet lady, several friends say.
Preacher Steve's mother passed last week. Burial tomorrow, funeral today.

Posted at 9:07 a.m. Monday, October 29.
Can't believe this crazy weather. Wind has really turned cold.
No sun shining through the cloud cover. Wish I had someone's hand to hold!
Guess I'll have to settle for cocoa, hot with a marshmallow swirl.
I'm contented with that, and a warm blanket ... Guess that's enough for this ol' girl.
(Written in about 10 minutes the afternoon of Saturday, October 27 ... written by cell phone text! LOL!)

posted at 9:22 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Yesterday I made some chili from a kit in a box.
Browned 2 pounds of ground chuck.
Tasted so good with some whole wheat bread!
Of course my tummy started fussing – what rotten luck!
And yeah, I ate more before I went to bed, Though I knew I'd toss all through the night.
And oh, it was good, topped with some cheese ... But my gut had a prize-winning fight!
At least it didn't last all through the night!

Posted at 8:47 a.m. Wednesday, October 31.
I replaced a burned out light bulb! You think that's no big deal?
But I am short and legally blind ... stood on tiptoe and did some by feel.

No comments:

Followers