Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nature Girl

Besides the crepe myrtles along the back fence, pictured just previously (and probably some poison ivy, but I'm not going there!), I have something odd growing in my front yard. I have a bird feeder near my front steps and car-less driveway. I like to sit on my porch swing and watch the birds. Earlier in the year, it was mostly mockingbirds, cardinals, and sparrows, with an occasional nuthatch, mourning dove, or robin. Now it's mostly just sparrows. A week ago, in the grass (hopefully my yard man will be over soon!), there is now what I think may be corn! (Saturday, September 11 - a friend told me this is milo. I can't find any pictures that look like it, yet. I found a site for the Kansas Sorghum Grain Association, which I found when looking for "milo". The sorghum syrup I know comes from cane, not grain!) I presume it came from something in the cheap bird feed I buy, or possibly from "bird poop"! I have asked my yard man not to mow it down. And yes, that is me, with the ends of my hair still dark; if I were to cut my hair, obviously it would now be mostly gray. My eyebrows have always been thick and dark. Click on the picture for a closer view.

No comments:

Followers