Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, July 15, 2019

AVERAGE TEPID TEA

Are you drinking from a cup of tepid tea?
Is your life on hold in mediocrity?
Friend, let me tell you, it could be worse ...
You could be stuck in reverse.

Do you think that "average" is a-ok?
That your so-so attempts will pave your way?
Friend, let me tell you, that isn't so!
Backing up is a "no show".

Stalled in neutral, going nowhere.
Quicksand of life ... why don't you care???
Example to others. They watch all that you do.
Yearning for help to pull through.

Not hot or cold, a lukewarm bath ...
Not aiming is aiming a sorry path.
Satan's the enemy, holding you back.
What do you lack?

Work as for God, with His all-seeing eyes.
Aim for the goal. Run for the prize.
Be a servant to others. Do your best.
Heavenly eternal rest.

By Netagene, June 12, 2018. Tried something new in changing the meter of each last line.

I got the idea from the title of a book I read about while reading another book. In "Lessons from a Third Grade Dropout", Dr. Rick Rigsby mentioned "An Enemy called Average", by John Mason.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive