Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

IN the MIRROR

In the mirror (7 to 70)
Women's version

What she sees in the mirror is frilly and small –
Little ponytail and her baby doll.
Little boys ignore her as they run by,
But even now she's coy with her nose held high.

What she sees in the mirror is cute, demure –
A petite young lady – boys go for her.
With curly hair and a twinkle in her eye –
She's the high school princess and the boys all sigh ...

She's the head cheerleader, sings soprano in the choir –
An honor roll student who wants to go higher.
Boys see her confidence, a sunny breeze!
They dream of her: "O, marry me please!"

In college she strolls with a purposeful air,
Then marriage and family and God and prayer.
A blest life and happy, even with some woes,
Then suddenly it's winter. How fast the time goes!

What she sees in the mirror – how time has passed by!
Now the former cutie has tears in her eyes.
She's passed the age of three-score and ten --
Nearer to God than she's ever been.

What sins she's committed! Friends come and lost –
Impetuous acts, now paying the cost.
She repented of wrongs, and God forgave.
She's doing OK, thanking God she's saved.

Written by Netagene, November 21, 2014. I was 70. The original was a men’s version, which I posted a few years ago.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive