Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sweet boy


This was the 6th year I attended the Truth lectures at the Athens Bible School in north Alabama. Keegan Chaffin is 9 years old, and has Down Syndrome ... yet a couple of years ago, he noticed that I used a walker (old age arthritis!) and always kind of "ran interference" for me when I tried to go to the door. He also tried to hold the big heavy door open for me, even though the door weighed more than him! His dad is preacher Jonathan Chaffin, and Jonathan's dad was also a preacher. Keegan is the youngest of 5. He plans to also be a preacher. His mother Lisa posted a picture of Keegan when he was about 4, standing in the waiting room of a dentist office, with his Bible, preaching! I always call him "brother Keegan" and shake his hand, and thank him.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive