Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, July 15, 2019

When the Church becomes a Nightclub

When the church becomes a night club
And the pulpit becomes a stage,
It's become more like the heathen,
With fierce, gyrating rage.

The worship now is carnal,
The masses want 3 rings.
Entertainment is their circus.
They're bored with righteous things.

Most attendees now are passive.
They want their money's worth --
Hula hoops and smoke and mirrors,
Bacchanalia's drunken mirth.

Some crave the strobic footlights
In dim-lit musty lairs,
Rather than looking upward
Through moon and stars and prayers.

If you want to have a night club,
With preachers dancing around,
That's what you'll get with Satan ...
Screams and wailing sound.

No cacophony in Heaven,
Just reverent souls who sing
In glory and peace forever
With "Hosanna! Praise to the King!"

Written by Netagene, August 26-30, 2018, because of a picture I saw on Facebook. It said, "When the church became a night club and the pulpit became a stage, the church became a carnal show to entertain the masses who are bored with the spiritual things of God."

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive