Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, November 9, 2009

SOME DAY

I’ve studied God’s Word. I guess that it’s true. Depending on self usually will do.
I live fairly well. What more can I say? I’ll follow this Jesus – SOME DAY.
There’s all kinds of sins, some big and some small,
like little white lies that don’t matter at all.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the end’s a long way. I’ll follow Jesus – SOME DAY.
Sure, I sometimes curse, and tell dirty jokes.
I am what I am, not like hypocritical folks.
I’m hurting no one. I do what I may. I’ll follow Jesus – SOME DAY.
I cheat on my taxes, sometimes cheat on my wife.
Everybody does it. That’s part of life.
I’m loose when I work, intense when I play.
I’ll follow Jesus – maybe – SOME DAY.
I don’t know if it’s “God”, or just “something” out there.
I don’t worry about that. I haven’t a care.
I’m all that I need, so why should I pray? I’ll follow Jesus – SOME DAY.
I smoke and I drink, get rowdy and yell, but
never robbed a bank, no one have I killed.
I’m living high. My mind you can’t sway. I’ll follow your Jesus – SOME DAY.
I’ve lived a long life, always got by, grabbed all the gusto, reached for the sky -
Had to slow down. My hair has turned gray. Jesus? Well, maybe – SOME DAY.

EPILOGUE:
He lived a low life, but he thought, “I live high!
There’s plenty of time. Maybe I really won’t die.
I’ll change later on from this life where I stray.
Oh … hello, Jesus. I didn’t expect You TODAY”

OBITUARY:
Like the rich man in Luke, the old fellow died –
Tormented in flames, for water he cried.
His “SOME DAY” is gone – too late to obey.
Will you follow Jesus? “SOME DAY” is today.

~ by Netagene, April 17 & 18, 2003 ~

This is one that “wrote itself”. I was driving home from work, listening to a “Southern gospel” music radio show. The DJ said “Jesus is coming back some day”. Something “clicked”. The song came so fast that I had to pull off the road to write it down. I almost could not write fast enough. If I changed any words after I got home, it was very few. I printed it in the church bulletin. One man used it as the “invitation” at church. Another used it where he was preached in Georgia. I heard that it was also printed in some other church bulletins.

No comments:

Followers