Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, November 30, 2009

PUBLIC PREACHING

Since I can't preach from the pulpit, or pray a public prayer,
Nor lead songs in front of the church, some people think it's unfair.
God gave men the authority to take the active part,
But every Christian can do things. You just need to know where to start.
You don't want to teach any error. You want to keep on the "Good Fight".
You do more that just read the Bible. You study to handle it right.
Women can teach the children. Women can even teach some men.
Women can invite people to worship, and women can use their pen.
So that's my choice for teaching, my way to spread the Good News –
Writing letters and articles and poems, hoping they'll be of some use.
Sometimes a line will hit me. Sometimes an idea or thought –
Sometimes a question or sermon cause words to come in an onslaught.
God gives everyone some talent, and writing's my blessing, my gift.
I'm glad I don't do public speaking. I'm glad what I write gives a lift.
What I write, I pass on to others, if they're happy or sick or just drear -
"Happy Birthday!" or "get well" or encouragement –
Just a note or some hope or some cheer.
I want others to know I'm a Christian. The songs and poems God gives to me
Are one way I can tell about Jesus, though I can't preach publicly.
I'm thankful for the gifts that God gave me.
I can write – no need to preach it aloud.
I don't fret that I'm not "Worship Leader", or that
I don't stand at the front of the crowd.

"The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary ..." - Isaiah 50:4.

- by Netagene, September 19, 2008 -

No comments:

Followers