Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING BURGERS

Mother is 92 and lives 2 miles from me. My nephew got me about 10 a.m. and brought me home about 3. He fixed burgers, but not just any burgers. He ground some beef tips with Vermont sharp cheddar and McCormick hamburger spices, and cooked them in a cast iron skillet with little cocktail sausages, letting all the juices blend. Cornbread with butter and sorghum, and iced tea to drink! Um-um, good! With the cornbread, we did not need any dessert. Because he cooked, Mother and I did the dishes, then Mother and I dug around in an old cabinet, scrounging for the few ornaments she still has, many which she made. She wants a Christmas tree this year. We finished with Mother and me both settling in with something to read. She now reads large print books, which my sister gets from the library. Like me, in addition to the Bible, she prefers the light romance novels and westerns by Christian writers. I am thankful that her mind is still good, and that she still enjoys reading, and I am thankful that I have a nephew who enjoys cooking, and for burgers and cornbread for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Followers