Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

DECEMBER 24 & 25

I had to work all day last Thursday. Jeff, my morning driver, got me a little before 6 even though I was the only one riding inbound. His other 4 regulars after he gets me either took the day off (the man who has CP and works the VA), or where they go was closed (AIDB, ARC-way). He had no others after me either because his other regulars go to UCP. I don't have to be at work until 7:30, so he stopped at Arby's and bought a bit of breakfast for both of us. We sat on the bus about 10 minutes and ate in case the dispatcher called him. I got to work before 7. The front gate was still locked but the back gate was open. And Jeff was the one to take me home, which was unusual, but nice. It takes a certain caring personality to drive paratransit.

I was home alone Friday. Nice! God gave Adam and Eve things to do even before they sinned, and tells us later that if we want to eat, we must work. Still - it's nice to have a day alone at home.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive