Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

HOLIDAYS & REUNIONS

I wish I could choose my relatives like I can choose my friends.
I don’t like drunks or smokers, or loud-mouths or phony grins.
I don’t like anyone nosy. I don’t like opinionated bores.
I don’t like being “preached” to, making me dash for the door.
Some are talkaholics. They can’t stand any “dead air”.
Others sit aloof, mutely, so you hardly know they are there.
Someone is usually a bully. Someone’s “pet” winks to have her way.
That fits adults as well as children, who are used to having their say.
One wants to watch a ballgame. Another wants to watch a “soap”.
One starts to play the piano. Another calls someone a dope.
Someone moans of arthritis. Politics causes a fight.
Another begs for money. I just beg for some quiet!
Someone insists on bringing a puppy. Another brings a toddler who whines.
Someone’s language is salty with cursing. It takes effort to have a good time.
At least there’s only a few holidays, and reunions where everyone comes.
There’s food enough for an army. You eat ‘til your body goes numb.
Sometimes it’s hard to be civil when with family, you are forced to attend.
Dear God, help me love my relatives, like I really do love my friends.

- by Netagene, written in a few minutes, November 23, 2009. This is a compilation of a co-worker's and my thoughts about some family get-togethers! -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive