Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

HOLIDAY WORK SONGS

I've worked in clerical at ALDOT almost 4 years. Here's 2 songs I wrote for us.

2009 to the tune of “Up on the House Top”

We – are the transportation crew. We – try to make the roads like new.
Win-ter or summer, cold or heat, No – desk for us; we’re on our feet.

CHORUS:
Ho, ho, ho! That’s what we do – Fixing the roads for me and you.
Taking our lives in our own hands – Out on the roads, we take our stands!

When – there is ice, we spread the salt. So – you can drive on dry asphalt.
Go – shopping now for Christmas time – Safe there and home, all warm and fine!

Ho, ho, ho! Gifts brand new! San-ta can drive his sleigh all through.
Interstates or roof tops, he can go. We’re Santa’s elves! We make it so.

Ho, ho, ho! Holiday cheer! Transportation crew sings “Happy New Year”!
Helping everyone to do things right!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

- by Netagene, December 3, 2009 -

2008: to the tune of "Jingle Bells"

In the district yard – Ready, get set, roll!
The highway crews are bundled up to work out in the cold.
It’s almost Christmastime. Some dress in red and green,
But still they wear reflective vests so that they can be seen.

CHORUS:
Oh, driving slow to find potholes. The work is never done!
Wintertime or summer, freezing or in sun!
Inside or out, where work’s about, what we get paid to do.
Let’s have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, too!

They don’t like office jobs. They’d rather work outside.
And most of them like ballgames so go Tigers! Go Roll Tide!
Then there’s an office crew, who don’t like wind and sleet.
They’d rather sit inside and work where they can have some heat!

Oh, driving slow to fix potholes. The work is never done!
Wintertime or summer, freezing or in sun!
Inside or out, where work’s about, what we get paid to do.
Let’s have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, too!
… and a HAP-PY NEW YEAR, too!

- by Netagene, written in about 10 minutes, December 1, 2008 -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive