Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I don't ...

I
don’t
decorate
for
Christmas,
or any other
time. I do well
to wash the
dishes, and clean
up any grime.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’ve rarely been
excited about holly
and mistletoe, or
shedding trees and
pine boughs. And I don’t
want it to snow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any day off work is
pleasant, in winter,
spring, or fall. What’s
special about December?
Why “spruce” things up at all?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don’t like “forced” gift
giving. “Dirty Santa” has
caused some fights! I “gift” to
those I want to. I don’t “groove”
till late at night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So much money spent for nothing –
and the sin of gluttony – Too much
food and fussing during times for family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One nephew gets real greedy. A sister sits and
whines. Old grandpa hates the others. You call that
“good times”?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celebrate all you want to, lavishly in style. Isn’t it great
that we have choices! – each doing what makes us smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nope! I don’t decorate for Christmas. That’s fine, then. I’m a
grouch. You can party and spend your money. I’ll snooze on my couch!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
by Netagene
November 27, 2007

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive