Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Sunday

In all of our lives, there are some special days,
Celebrated at times in familiar ways.
The day you got glasses so that you could see,
Or hearing aids - "Listen! I hear birds in the trees!"
It's special when you got an "A" on a big test,
Then the college degree when you've done your best.
The birth of a child is usually nice, or
The day that a soldier paid the ultimate price.
The anniversary of when you married the love of your life,
Celebrating times through good things and strife.
But to God, there's no one special day in the year, (1)
Not one day to celebrate, not one to hold dear. (2)
Some always worship - they regularly go twice,
But two times a year is no sacrifice. (3)
Christmas nor Easter will keep us in line,
But one day remembered yearly, 52 times.
The empty tomb - the stone rolled away - (4)
Christ tells us to remember. That's what we obey. (5)
Christ rose from the dead the first day of the week. (6)
Every week has a first day, so that's what we keep. (7)
The same words are used for the collection, too. (8)
Most churches want money, so here's what they do:
They take the Lord's Supper twice, three or four,
But taking up money? They do that much more.
Our lives here are vapor. We're gone in a puff. (9)
After that, good and bad are separated by a gulf. (10)
Saved by God's Grace? Yes, but we still must obey, (11)
So you feel it's too much to remember Him every first day?

1: 2 Pet. 3:8; 2: Gal. 4:7-11; 3: Rom. 12:1; 4: Mt. 27-28, Mk. 15-16, Lk. 23-24, Jn. 18-20; 5: Lk. 22:14-20, 1 Cor. 11:17-26; 6: Mt. 28:1&6, Lk. 24:1-6; 7: A. 20:7; 8: 1 Cor. 16:1-2; 9: Js. 4:13-14; 10: Lk. 16:20 ff; 11: Eph. 2:4-10; Jn.6:27-29.

- by Netagene, December ?-28, 2009

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive