Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kidney Failure

I have a few "best friends". Jim King is by far the oldest, as we met in 1959 when I was 15 and he was 18. Our mothers were also best friends. We all met at the Pinson church of Christ, when my family moved to where Mother still lives.

Jim and I each married others, moved out of state (including college, I lived in metro Tampa about 30 years; he lived in Texas, California, etc., and overseas), raised our families, divorced. He moved back here a few years before I did. Almost 2 years ago, after working in telecom for years, he moved to Tampa to work for a man we both know. Surprisingly, he attends the Henderson Boulevard church of Christ there, which is one church I attended a lot.

We still call each other a lot and email each other a lot. We've had our share of arguments, and one friend asked, "Are you SURE you 2 aren't married?" because we get over our spats as if nothing happened, and I don't think there's anything we can't talk about. We've never been romantically involved with each other, but today I realized how much I care for Jim.

He was admitted to St. Joseph's Hospital today with only 5% kidney function. After being there for a week, he will be on dialysis 3 times a week. Please add him to your prayers ... and I have given you enough information that you can mail him a card, should you choose to do so. Thank you.

No comments:

Followers