Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

PITFALLS to HAPPINESS

1. GREED - Luke 12:15-21; 18:24-25; Colossians 3:5; Ephesians 5:3-4; I Timothy 6:9-10.

2. ENVY - Proverbs 14:30; 23:17; I Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 5:19, 21, 26.

3. PRIDE - Proverbs 6:16-17; 16:18; James 4:6-7; I Peter 5:5-6.

Happiness is easily attained if we put Christ first - Philippians 4:4.

This is the notes that preacher Steve Murrell had on the overhead for his sermon this evening. It's a lot to print out the verses, but I may do that later. (In the meantime, you can look them up - www.biblegateway.com is a good site, and easy to navigate.) So many people look to "things" to make themselves happy, just like some people who are shopaholics.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive