Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, October 1, 2010

WELCOME to my NEW FOLLOWERS!

Thank you all for joining me! Some of you I know personally. One is my number 1 paratransit bus driver who often starts my day with a much needed hug. Love ya', Jeff! Another is my "son" but not by birth, just by friendship. Shane is a few years younger than my natural son. We met on the fixed route bus 6+ years ago shortly after I became legally blind. Like me, he also is LB but with a good bit of usable sight. We count on each other when we want to hop the big bus and go grocery shopping on Saturdays sometimes. Because our sight is different, we help each other. Jeff is our morning driver to our jobs. Another is my "daughter" but not by birth. Stephanie and I met when we both worked in accounting at the home office of a company that, at the time, had about 250 grocery stores. I trust her with my life! She bakes and decorates cakes (that's one of the links at the end of my blog). Love ya', girl friend!

To Terminal Man (aren't we all "terminal"?) and Linda (seems like I somehow found YOUR blog once!) - a big welcome! I hope you enjoy my poems, pictures, and occasional rants! And even if you don't always agree with me, which will happen and happens even with the best of friends, the world would be real boring if we all thought alike! Please introduce yourself, and let me know how you found me. I won't post what you write to me if you'd rather I don't.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

Tim R said...

Netagene,
I encountered your blog link via Jef Mallett's blog. I am a big fan of his. Nice to meet you.

I am not Terminally ill, if that is what you thought. The name came from me being a system analyst. Handles tend to stick with you.

Tim R

Netagene said...

LOL! So a computer terminal! I used to walk a lot, especially after I became legally blind. I need to do more, and when I quit my job, will probably do more again though may go to the "Y". Never learned to swim, and can no longer ride a bicycle. Don't feel too safe walking in the neighborhood though, especially with poor eyesight (and poor hearing).

As to Jef Mallett, I love "Frazz" ... one of the more intelligent cartoons, as well as being funny! and little precocious Caulfield!

There may not be a whole lot on my blog of real interest to you, but if you read the "about me", you'll see that one of my favorite movies is the docu-drama about wheelchair athletes! And you'll learn that I used to have my own motorcycle, and used to be a DJ.

Followers

Blog Archive