Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

We are SAVED by ...

Some people believe that only believing that Jesus is God's son will get a person to Heaven, but if faith alone would do that, even devils would be there! (James 2:19)

In Wednesday night Bible class, we've been studying I John, and are near the end of that book. John writes a lot about faith and love. I decided to write down some things by which the Bible says we are saved. I may have missed a few.

We are not saved by one thing alone, but by a combination of things.

1. Faith – John 3:16; see also Hebrews 11 - note that everyone listed here in what has become known as the “Roll Call of Faith”, did something that God told them to do;
2. Hope – Romans 8:24;
3. Works – James 2:24 (faith is a “work” – see John 6:28-29 – the works that God tells us to do, not our own works; see also Matthew 7:21-23);
4. Christ – Romans 5:10; 6:8-10;
5. Grace – Ephesians 2:5;
6. Mercy – Titus 3:5;
7. Baptism – Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; I Peter 3:21

And it doesn’t end there, because we must add to our faith (II Peter 1:2-10), and we must grow (I Peter 2:2).

Also remember I Corinthians 10:12.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive