Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Paying "Uncle Sam"

This is a more personal note than usual. Shortly after I became legally blind (October, 2003), one of my ophthalmologists, who is now chief-of-staff of the Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital, filled out the paper work for me to get Social Security Disability Insurance. Even though I was able to get another job a few years later, I was still making less money and thus was always on that SSDI. When I turned 66 earlier this year, I was automatically rolled to regular Social Security. Last tax time, I had gone over the limit a little, so it was if I had worked for free for maybe a month the previous year. So I decided to quit this year - and did so on November 30. The finances still may be such that I worked "free" a month or so. But I can't see doing that. With God's help, I'll make it even though Medicare takes a chunk out of my Social Security. Of course it also may come down to my not "supporting my habits" ... buying diet Dr Pepper, and yarn!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive