Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Saying "Amen!"

God says that we must worship in spirit and in truth.
We're actively to worship, not bench-warming or aloof.
Some people are more vocal in class or singing praise,
While others nod in silence - agree in different ways.

But one thing really gets me (some people don't hear well),
And that's when people mumble in what they have to tell.
Some microphones are cordless, but worthless unless used.
Some men don't use correctly, and others - simply refuse.

What if some man teaches error - might lead someone to sin?
If I can't comprehend the speaker,
I'd better not say "Amen!"

- by Netagene, written in a few minutes just now - Even when my hearing was better, it bothered me when men at worship (or anyone anywhere) didn't speak distinctly or into a microphone. Why have a mic when you are not going to use it, or use it properly? Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive (?) to that because of having been a DJ and performed some, and having worked switchboards. One "pet peeve" is when someone would give a number as "four sixteen" rather than "four one six". If you are writing as the person is speaking, then you'll write "4 - 6 - " ... then you'll hear "teen".

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive