Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, December 3, 2010

I Won't Change

"That's just the way I am. I'm just too old to change."
Actually, I'm not interested. I'm not going to rearrange
The way I think and do, no matter if it's best.
I kid myself I'm happy, while in my cozy nest.
Some things I've heard these years may be the truth, or lies.
I'd rather stand in place, than study, find what's wise.
I'll take another's words, and let them sink on in.
It's easier to accept, even though they may teach sin.
I know some of God's words, like baptism is what saves,
But I learned it's faith only, and I'll take that to my grave.
And once saved, always saved - that really sounds so good!
But "take heed, unless we fall" is in God's holy word.
My path may take me wrong, but I'll follow it all my days.
I won't heed what I hear, and I won't change my ways.

- by Netagene, written in a few minutes today, just before posting this - I hope you realize that it's as if someone other than myself were saying this!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive