Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Friday, April 30, 2010

JUST ANOTHER YOUNG MAN

He was just another young man
Who came through the church house door -
Nothing special to look at -
Just a nobody to ignore.
But lucky for him, these Christians
Were the exception to the rule.
They opened their arms and hearts,
Realizing he might be a jewel.
This young man - a bit of a loner -
Didn't fit in with the crowd.
But he prayed from his heart to God,
And he always sang joyfully proud.
He could quote a good bit of the Bible.
He made good comments in class.
He was usually smiling and friendly,
Leaving afterwards, sometimes the last.
He often wore a T-shirt and jeans,
Even when he made a 'talk' at times.
But God doesn't look on outward appearance;
God looks at what's inside.
One Sunday, he wore a suit and a tie,
Spoke clearly, stood straight as a rod.
But off-beat, this young preacher wore sneakers -
Still ... he preached the Word of God.

- by Netagene, written in a few minutes today, Apri 30, 2010, for and about my nephew, who I love dearly -

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive