Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Patience, Pictures, and Birds

About a week ago, I gave the money to my sister to buy a hummingbird feeder. She came over and set it up for me a few days ago, and had boiled some sugar water which she put in it. Yesterday and today the temperature has been "just right" so I've been on my porch. If I take pictures from inside the porch, the screen shows up too much, so I've been sitting and standing on my carport some since then, with my camera to the closest "zoom", and I wait for birds - good practice to learn patience! Of about 150 pictures I took, most are "blurry birds" and "no birds". These tiny jewels that God made move much faster than my finger and the camera lens shutter! Here are the best pictures I got - and "best" is only in comparison to the others. A hummer has just left the feeder in one, and the other actually has TWO birds in it! A sparrow is on the right side of the regular feeder, and a hummer is on the right side of its feeder. And in the one with the porch in the background (made about 6:30 this evening), there are TWO hummingbirds, one on each side of the feeder! They are not too clear, but if you click on the picture, you can see them better.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive