Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

DETERMINATION

Last evening at worship was Les and Linda Maydell. She is from St. Louis, and he is a native South African. He preaches, and they live in, South Africa. They also work with Christians in Zimbabwe and I guess other countries on that continent. Les had a Power Point presentation about the spiritual work there, as well as some about the physical conditions. He said that one person in Zimbabwe can eat for $5 a month. He also had a picture of an old lady being baptized (Acts 2:38; 8:35-39). He said that the lady was 94 years old, had heard and learned about the Christ, and had to be carried in a wheel-barrow to the place for her to be baptized, then of course taken home in the wheelbarrow. I don't remember hearing Les say how far they traveled. What a beautiful story!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive