Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A REDBIRD in an APPLE TREE

"A redbird in an apple tree!" -
That's what I told a friend.
I'm thankful I can hear and see -
My senses joyously blend.

To behold the wonders God has made,
Watching through the glass,
Or sitting, rocking in the shade,
Contemplating things that pass.

Some apple trees are in my view -
Redbirds come to nest -
A peaceful scene when day is through
Helps me unwind and rest.

The apples feed both birds and me,
And both are a delight.
I thank the Lord that I am free
As day turns into night.

- by Netagene - Mother saw her doctor a couple of days ago, and told me that she mentioned all the real tall trees outside his office. He told her that he wished it was a redbird in an apple tree, rather than the tall deciduous trees. Mother told me that about an hour ago, and said she wishes I could paint a picture for the doctor of a redbird in an apple tree, or at least write a poem about it for him, for her to give to him. Because it took me only a few minutes to write the poem, I will probably change some words. (A note Monday evening - Mother said the poem is not quite what she had in mind, but she was unable to explain farther.)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive