Powered By Blogger

To be insightful means to intuitively grasp things - an "aha!" moment!

About Me

My photo
I am a member of the church of Christ. I have been writing things since I was little. Some have been printed, some posted. I write to teach or encourage; to blow off steam; and for fun! I had my own motorcycle in my 40s; I was a bluegrass music DJ for about 13 years; I've performed some. I am a member of the NRA. In 2003 (age 59), I became high partial legally blind; in 2005, I had to get hearing aids! Franklin Field said: "Poor eyes limit your sight; poor vision limits your deeds". And no kidding, the picture was made April, 2012!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jacob's Ladder

No, this isn't the Bible story. Here are a couple of pictures of an afghan I just finished. The tedious part was all the loose ends! (I've crocheted since I was little; I should have thought of that.) A couple from where I worship is my main ride there. They won't accept money because I'm only a short half block off their way. So far, I've made them one afghan (solid beige alternated with beige with black flecks), and a "set" of ceramics I did at Painted by U, with a grapes design (a 6" tile and a dip chiller - I posted a picture of the tile on January 19). The lady is having such hot flashes that even I, with poor eyesight, can sometimes see the sweat on her neck - and she keeps their house so cold, that I think her hus- band almost has icicles! So this time, she suggested that I make something for him. I'll give it to him this evening. It's about 45 - 50". The pattern is called "Jacob's Ladder" and I found it at http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/jacob.html. I used worsted weight yarn called "I Love This Yarn", the Hobby Lobby brand.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive